The Balbin Brother Cigar Factory in Tampa was built by the Samuel L. Davis & Company in 1904. It wasn’t until 1911, when the Balbin Brothers moved in. Tampa-Cuba Cigar Company purchased Balbin in 1915 and added a water tower to the building. The Great Depression and the rise mechanized factories hit the company hard and Tampa-Cigar closed down in 1934.
Though the building has been used by various businesses after its closure, it is commonly known as the Balbin Bros building.